Thursday, July 1, 2010

sneha ullal salman



On her experience of working with Salman Khan and Sohail Khan: "They are completely different from the image they have of being arrogant. They all believe in hard work. Salman is a bit flirtatious, he loves to play pranks on the sets. Sohail, on the other hand, is more sober. Having worked with them, I have also imbibed some of their good qualities."

Sneha Ullal is mind-blowing!' - Salman Khan

Rumour has it that Sneha and Salman’s sister study in the same college; that’s how she got a part in ‘Lucky’. True? “Arpita is from a different college (HR). She must have come to my college (MMK) and seen me; she told her brother about me. First I got a call from the directors - Vinay and Radhika - and I thought one of my college guys were pulling a fast one on me, because I used to get calls from them pretending to be producers and directors, so I didn’t pay much attention. After that, Salman called; again I thought that it was a prank. So when he invited us to his house. I said chalo , let’s see who this prankster is. I came home and told my mom about it and both of us decided to pay him a visit, still thinking it to be a prank. But, to our surprise, we were greeted by Salman himself...and from there on, it took a serious turn. But even when he offered me the role, I took it very lightly; in fact, I was laughing and fooling around - maybe that’s what Salman liked.”

So in a way it was fate – Sneha accepted the offer. But why? What made her agree to her role as Lucky in the film? “Right from the start, Salman never behaved like this big star with me - he was more like family; in fact, talking to him was like talking to someone from my family. When my parents realised that I was in safe hands, they let me accept the offer.” But there was a screen test, wasn’t there? Sneha explains, “Not really. I think the directors were not very keen to take me, since was I was very raw. So they gave me some lines and decided they liked me after watching me enact the scene.

I guess I was the ‘lucky’ girl right from the start - I was on! And before I could realise it, we were off for Russia on a shoot. I understood the gravity once I started shooting for the film in Russia. It was winter in St Petersburg, and we were forced to shoot in minus-20 degree weather. It was tough and, besides that, there were other problems, like language and food. Winters in Russia are strange - both day and night are the same; there’s always light and it never gets dark. As a result, we ended up working 18 to 19 hours every day!”

About her co-star Salman, Sneha says, “I was never intimidated by his star status, because with me he never behaved like this big star. He would always treat me as friend. In fact, I get along with him so well that any time of the day, I can just call him to seek his advice and he would patiently listen to me and answer. He is like this with my entire family.”

The role she plays in Lucky is rather like her real life? “I’m playing an innocent 18-year-old girl called ‘Lucky’, who is interested only in her studies and dreams of coming first in her class every time. Things change after she meets this older guy,” Sneha tells us.

After this ‘Lucky’ break, she is taking things nice and easy. Has she signed any other films? Sneha is firm on this: “Nope. I am taking it slowly. First I want to complete my studies, before jumping into the fray. The only film I’m committed is ‘Aryan’, opposite Sohail Khan.”

No comments:

Post a Comment